Sunday, September 18, 2011

So much homework!!

Hey all,
  




   So like I said in the last post.  I still have to finish out my first workout team goal of the 28-day bootcamp and then I am tackling the couch to 5k.  I don't know if I will make it through, but I am sure going to try. 

Meanwhile, I am going to spend most of this weekend catching up on my reading for school. I have a lot!  But, I am happy that I actually am interested in what I am reading for a change.  Psychology is a very fascinating subject for me: why do people do the things they do?  Why do they react that way?  Why did that driver give me an inappropriate hand signal like I was driving too fast when he was demanding my husband and I get over in another lane, so he could get in front of us.  I am serious.  Drivers here in PA are very backwards.  Many of them are anyway.  This driver wanted us to get out of his way and I don't think he was a cop or private investigator, but he could have caused an accident.  And from the reactions he was making towards us like we were the crazy ones, I instantly was wondering why he was reacting the way he was.  What could have made him so upset and act so irrationally?  Do you have any driving stories like this?  I want to hear it. 

I'm thinking that maybe my reading will help me come up with ideas to answer my own questions:

Clinical insight

A psychoanalytic approach

Standard deviation or normal distribution applications to life questions

Psychodynamic focus

 A categorization of finding why on the surface and why at a deeper level.  And finding through a case-by-case basis.
This book is a result of my cat's impatience for food.  While I was sound asleep one morning he decided to snack on my music therapy guitar songbook.  Yuki is serious when it comes to food (he is our youngest cat pictured above begging for my attention while I worked out).  I don't even need an alarm clock because he will keep on meowing until I wake up or tearing up and biting on paper until I get up out of bed. 

Our other cat, William, likes to lay around and look cute so he can get food too.  They each have their own way of charming us to give them food.  Yuki meows 'mom' sounding meows or barks like a dog and William meows at an impressive high pitch and begs like a dog.  Here's a pic of William looking cute:



And, I am off to get some reading done!  Until next time :)




Have a fabulous weekend and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment