Thursday, August 18, 2011

Slump and Surprise Cake

Greetings to everyone this week,


  
   I have had a rough week in terms of my exercise routine.  And you would think with not having a job that it would be easier.  It hasn't been.  I haven't even rode the bicycle yet.  However, the last time I blogged after I thought of not exercising, I kicked myself into gear.



 Haha I actually did more than in the above cartoon--Hope you enjoyed a laugh. 

I am sure all of you feel frustrated on a day or two...or a week of getting into your exercise routine...I draaaggged myself to the gym (5 days ago right after the last blog entry) and burned more calories than I thought was possible after not working out for a while, and came home and worked out.  I did 20 minutes on the eliptical and 10 minutes on the stairmaster.  I burned over 300 calories in that time.  I was very proud of myself because I only needed to burn 271. 

The exercise routine following the rest of the week lasted for a whole straight three days, and then...I haven't been at it until today.  I do admit though that I really enjoyed those 3 days of hard long workouts.  I found a netflix workout called Crunch last Saturday which really made me sweat, but then I got distracted and kept looking at exercise and calorie counting as a paper that I could hold off on until later.




TODAY sucked.  Not going to lie.  I did not want to wake up early this morning as I was doing last week.  And I find that when I wake up earlier like around 9am or 9:30 at the latest, I am motivated to workout.  It's a conflict for me of when to work out because I am more of a night-owl.  I have more energy at night than I do in the morning. 


But I am definitely feeling the effects of not keeping up my exercise routine.  I feel sore all over from only 20 minutes of cardio that I did today on my yoga mat and it wasn't that intense of a cardio session.  Core and lower body exercises.  My legs felt like they were on fire!  I am hoping to actually be able to do all of the exercises without the feeling of an exhausted burning feeling that makes you feel like your legs are going to break, if you keep doing them.

~~Goal for tomorrow: Getting up earlier and Attempting to workout earlier than lunch time...maybe after breakfast? :)

Achievements for the week:
  1. I have been on top of cleaning the kitchen every night this past week and a half.
  2. I cleaned the bathroom--sink, toilet, bathtub.
  3. I got paperwork done for school..now to pay it ;) .
  4. I talked with my best friend last night on the phone--Love you, Ange! (Make sure you see the below picture(s)--just for YOU ;)  )
  5. AND.....I made CAaaaKkeeE! :D 
Reason for cake~~Marcus and I found out last night that he got the job he applied and interviewed for, so I made a cake to honor him :)  And now, the question is, what's the best thing to do with cake??-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think about it,,,,



Look at it,,,,



Smell it,,,,




AND/OR...

Eat it,,,,



 Wait...am I missing something else?  Oh, yeah...



That.










Hope you all have a good night. And hopefully I will fill you in on my workout that will take place tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment