Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sunny Days and Earthquake

Good evening,  It's nice and sunny over here in Eastern Pennsylvania and it's only around 6:30pm.  I am enjoying these hours of sunniness. :) 
 
   So, I was not able to put in a post like I was planning.  But I did continue to workout every day.  And I am feeling the effects.  My shoulders and neck are so sore that I had to ask Marcus to massage them for me.  They still feel like rocks.  As an update in my exercise, I have continued to do my cardio videos that are 10 minutes each on sparkpeople.com, cardio through eliptical, and cardio dvds through netflix--another reason I am so thankful for the convenience of netflix.  I have lately not been wanting to get out and exercise, so I have been working out at home, except for yesterday.  Yesterday I worked out for a full hour of eliptical and strength-training, which I think is what is making me feel sore today. 

I could tell you that I didn't struggle, but that wouldn't be true.  I really had to just go and exercise without agreeing in my mind.  Most of the time I like to dream and sit and enjoy the beauty around me like this:





But, alas, I have to do more than just dream all day.  So, here is a great picture of what I can imagine to get moving and other motivational examples to help me to just do it:

My #1 Motivation:


Working out is a way for me to connect my awareness of my body and spending time with God, talking with him by praying and surrendering stresses, anxiety, worries, concerns into His hands.



Having that silence is sometimes a must for me from hearing noise outside to sitting in the classroom full of people talking.  Silence can help me to focus on what's going on and like the poster I can play with the silence hearing how my body responds with the silence.  It's also many times the time that I really just want to hear God's voice and nothing else.


I love being able to escape from my routine while listening to music and seeing how the music affects my body while I work out.  It can get my heart rate pumping, distract me from soreness and/or exhaustion, and makes it fun.  And then sometimes I like watching TV while working out.


 Can yu imagine looking at Mr. T when deciding to workout?  I can!



You never know when this type of situation could happen and if you are in better shape then you could be better for it.  Of course, fear is not really the best motivator, but sometimes it is part of reality.  If I were that person paddling--if I were the same weight that I am now there would be a higher chance of me tipping over my canoe because of my weight.  If I were lighter though and in good shape I could paddle faster because I would be stronger.  And this type of situation applies to me because these kinds of situations happen for me.  I could tell you the stories of when I ran into a rattlesnake while hiking, slammed into coral reef in Jamaica ocean, and fell into prickly pear while hiking--I seem to run into trouble, literally.  So, for me, I try to be prepared as much as I am able to and pray for God's protection when I do face danger.  Speaking of reality, in response to those wondering for my title of this blogpost, I put Earthquake because we did in fact have an earthquake and I am proud to say that I was working out when the earthquake struck, but we are fine over where I live.  Many people say the most that happened over here is that there house shook a little, but nothing harmful took place.




 My current weight. I am growing to love me where I am at and make changes to a healthier me.
My goal weight and an idea of what I will look like then.  I will have more energy, be at the healthy weight I need to be, rather than the obese weight that I am now, and get to wear smaller clothes.


I can't discount the support of my husband, Marcus (my name for him is Sky).  He gives me the support I need when my feelings are against the idea of working out.  I love you, Marcus Sky :)  @)}-,--'--

What are some examples or motivations for you to get going?

No comments:

Post a Comment